Yes, I haven't blogged in what feels like an eternity. Yes, I haven't actually worked in Cash Control in a couple weeks. But I miss it, a lot, and I miss my Cash Control buddies. And I came up with this idea forever ago, so let this be my official tribute to Seven Peaks.
For all of the strange, wonderful things that happened in Cash Control, I present to you...
How to know if you're in Cash Control.
- Nothing brings you more anger than seeing the phrase "Chain Detected."
- You know there is nothing more disgusting than dried up, five year old rubberbands.
- Jeff Quirk and Joseph Ellet. NEED to total their floats. (And the day they did was one of the best moments of your life).
- You know all the words to Speak Now by Taylor Swift (just kidding! You actually don't. You're also really bad at karaoke).
- As long as we're talking about music...you probably know the words to every song that plays on One Direction Radio.
- Your singing voice is perfected from belting "My Heart Will Go On" (Celine!)
- You also know how to whisper sing...like a boss. (so sexy)
- The best way to kill bugs that get into Cash Control is by throwing bags of coin at them...obviously.
- If you're in Cash Control, chances are, you like a boy named Matt (exactly a 60% chance. Until you realize that certain boys named Matt like to make 14 year olds cry).
- You know that when Josh Mullen walks in, ish is about to go down.
- You also know that Josh Mullen makes the best snow cones.
- Whenever Josh Mullen walks in, you want a snow cone.
- You want a snow cone.
- JOSH MULLEN.
- You know how to pack several thousand dollars through a crowded waterpark.
- You know, approximately, how much several thousand dollars in ones is.
- You also know how heavy $500 in quarters is.
- Disorganized tills are the worst thing ever. Especially when the wristbands look like they got in a fight, and the bills are facing the wrong way, and the cashiers strapped their own bills, and the whole thing looks like one wet, demented brick.
- You know who was doing dog fights in the maintenance garage.
- You know there is a very distinct difference between 10-25ing someone and 10-25ing WITH someone (with the lights off, in Cash Control).
- It's been two weeks since you worked but you could still probably balance the vault in your sleep.
- You probably have epilepsy and/or nightmares from the crappy/demented TV (until you realize it's actually the camera...)
- You probably have arthritis from shredding so many receipts.
- The skin by your nails on your fingers is all mangled from rolling coins.
- You know there is nothing worse than forgetting to send the Revenue Report.
- No, the marketing room is not open.
- If there is a month old protein shake or a random pair of shoes sitting in the room, we all know who they belong to...;)
- Making tills is actually pretty fun. But you probably still can't do it without looking at the paper.
- You hand-strap bills to kill time. Or if they're fives, because let's be honest...that machine is kind of dumb.
- You secretly love counting Tube and Parking tills more than any other till.
- Buying a Justin Bieber poster was the best thing we did with our fun money. Everyone loved it. Especially Dan.
- Paycheck/Pool Party Friday's are the worst. And the Saturday morning after is pretty bad, too.
- Walking through the park at 11:00 at night is one of the scariest things you've ever done.
- You know how to work the teal collared shirt, all day, every day.
- And you love wings. A lot. Especially if your name is Kela. So lets go get some wings soon, agreed?
And more, but seriously. Thanks for the best summer, ever.