Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Blogging Basketball/Volleyball Co-ed: Part 5

I...am in pain.

Lets start with a backstory.
Back in October, I played the best tennis tournament of my life. I got to the quarterfinals and beat the 4th seed. And for me, who wasn't even on the ladder last season...it was pretty big.
However I left that tournament hardly being able to walk. And so I didn't play tennis, or any sports, because every time I did, my knee would hurt like a mother. So thats why I wear that dumb brace on my knee whenever I play, because some doctor told me to. And guess what, it isn't helping. But that's another story.

The point is, today, I left class hardly able to walk.

This is both a good and a bad thing, but mostly a bad thing.
It's good, because it means I actually tried today and played my best (kind of) and participated and exercised. Which sadly would be the first time this year.
It's bad, because it means that exercising still hurts my knee.

Or, it could mean that I just got really beat up today.

It all started when I was doing some sort of partner assessment thing with Cole. I had to try to make some baskets, and what mostly ended up happening was I would shoot the ball, it would bounce off the rim, and Cole would go chasing after it and pass it back to me. Now. In his defense, I wasn't paying attention. But when he passed the ball back he did succeed in hitting me more than once. Like...in the face. Which really hurts, for some reason. I couldn't tell you why.
I did manage to score some shots though, which was quite an improvement from last time. Ummm lets see lets see what else. I felt like an idiot only scoring .001% of my shots but Cole's advice for me (dancing around to Lady Gaga) didn't seem like it would be very effective. So...that's what happened.

Then when we were playing a game against like half the class, Cole thought it would be a good idea to see how many times he could foul me. So basically he would just come up to me and push me around (btw, I could totally tell that he was wearing Old Spice. Pure Sport to be exact. I would know this because I spray it around Kate's room every time I go to her house. What I don't understand is why would you spray on the good stuff before you run around and get all smelly? Wouldn't you want to put it on afterwards?)

Anyways, I ended up on the ground a lot, and have a few new lovely bruises. It's no big deal though. I will take it...like a woman!!!

That's pretty much it. I actually scored some hoops today!! I'm getting better at this, just in time for churchball.
Which I may or may not also blog about. Stay tuned.

No comments: