Sunday, April 22, 2012

Lessons I Learned From The Shortest Job I Ever Had

.

A while back, I wrote a blog post venting about how angry I was working at Seven Peaks.

I take it all back. Literally, I took it back...as in I deleted the post.

As many, if not all of you are well aware, I have a bad habit of making stupid decisions when I am upset. And guess what? Looking at how much tuition costs at the same time as you find out you didn't get a job promotion that would pay you basically enough to pay for said tuition is likely to make you upset. So that was bad decision number one. Bad decision number two was me deciding that I immediately needed to get another job.

This is about to get kind of religious, so hold onto your hats.

I've never really been the best at knowing when the Spirit is trying to tell me something. Buuuuuuut I've begun to figure out that when I have a really sick feeling and the voice in my head keeps saying "Kaela, don't do this. Kaela, bad idea. No, Kaela, stop. Bad...bad idea. Stop that. Stop that right now. Kaela, is this really the best idea? No, of course it isn't. No good. No bueno. Stop, stop, stop." then I'm not about to make a very smart decision.

So that much, I do know. And when I got that feeling as I applied for this job at Spicy Thai, and when I got the phone call for the job, and when I came in for an interview, and even when I was praying about whether or not I should take the job, I cannot FATHOM why I ignored that feeling, every single time. Okay, I do. I thought that I could handle it, I thought I needed the money, whatever.

The moral of this story is, if the Spirit is telling you not to do something, don't do it.

It will prevent a lot of problems. Trust me.

Luckily, quitting wasn't as painful as I thought it would be...but I would rather have avoided that situation all together.

At least I learned a lesson!

But seriously...when you have a bad feeling about something...it's there for a reason.

No comments: