Sunday, April 8, 2012

Sunday Post #8

.

So last week...I just sat home and watched like...8 hours of TV. And I didn't go to church.

Just like everyone else!!

Okay, that was a bad joke. But wasn't conference great? It's like every six months, we just get this huge refresher of new wisdom and council from our leaders. It is seriously one of the best things ever.

Last conference, I was watching one of the sessions at work when my co-worker told me how one of her friends or something had been talking about how if you watch one talk a week after conference, you'll have re-watched all of the sessions by the time the next conference rolls around. I thought that was so cool! But then I forgot.

I've decided to do it this time around though. I don't think you can get everything out of a talk by just listening to it once. It's like reading the scriptures: every time I read the Book of Mormon, I learn something new. There are a lot of different principles we can learn from all of the different conference talks, and I think they are just as important to study as the scriptures.

So with that in mind, I'm taking the challenge! I'm going to try to re-watch all of conference by October. Wow, that's scary to think. The next time I watch conference, it will not be in my own home. It'll be in Helaman Halls. Ah!

Looks like I'm gonna need all the help I can get!

Love,
Kaela

No comments: