Friday, May 4, 2012

Life is Great: Part 1

.

Life is great. That is one of my favorite things to say. Because I only say it if I absolutely mean it.

So why am I happy?

Well, I'm tired of being sad. Instead of taking the hard things in life head on, I just let them wear me down until I emotionally can't take it anymore But, just in the past week, I have shot up from absolute rock bottom status to life is great status. In just a week. I can look in the mirror and the girl looking back at me is smiling and happy. And I love it. Life really is great.

Why?

Life is great because I passed my government final, even though I only ended up going to class for half the time. I got 85 out of 100, which I was not expecting, but all of this means that I am going to graduate high school. I also got an A in my English class. Woo!

Life is great because next week I am starting summer institute. I am taking Book of Mormon from Brother Knowlton, and then another class completely devoted to the teachings of President Monson. That means three and a half hours of institute every Tuesday and Thursday. Why? Because I'm insane. And it is going to be so much fun. I am so, SO excited.

Life is great because I get to go to the Provo Tabernacle Temple groundbreaking. I am so excited to hear Elder Holland speak, and watch as construction on the temple finally begins. 2015!!!

Life is great because it is summer and it is beautiful outside and I can finally wear shorts as much as I want.

Life is great because on Monday I got to see my cousin Emma, who I hadn't seen in about a year and a half, and she is basically the coolest person ever, so we had a lot of fun.

Life is great because I am graduating in 20 days, and I get to go to an EPIC all night party and hang out with all of my fellow senior friends. Speaking of graduation, I really don't know what to do for the camera at graduation. I've been thinking about this for three years! I need something clever to do! Ah!!

Life is great because I saw Avengers last night, and it was AMAZING. Easily one of the best movies I have ever seen. Definitely somewhere in my top 5...but I'm going to have to see it again when I'm not super tired. Midnight showings are totally worth it though.

Life is great because I am no longer worried about anything. I have received closure and assurance for every single problem I've faced for the past...very long time. And wow, it feels really good.

Life is great because, after next week, I don't have to go to work for the next two weeks. It'll be really nice to have that vacation.

Life is great because this chapter of my life is coming to an end. And while I'm sad about that, sad about graduating and moving on, I'm also unbelievably excited. I'm so excited to see what my new life will be like.

Sooooo life is great! Nuff said :D

Love,
Kaela



No comments: