Tuesday, March 1, 2011

February: A Month in Review

Disclaimer: This post is bound to get seriously off track. I have a lot on my mind, you see.

To start, I'm giving February a 5.5 out of 10. That extra .5 was added on the last 3 days when I felt like my life took a serious turn for the better. For no apparent reason. Maybe a mood change, whatever.

February wasn't really bad. But it wasn't really good either.

A lot did happen this month, except I wasn't really a part of it. Kind of.

Sadly enough, February was the month of "Kaela sits at home while all her friends do things that she really wants to do but doesn't get to." which is horrible and pessimistic and sad, which really isn't what February was, but it kind of shaped out to be that way.

Lets just do this:

The Bad:
A. About 99% of my friends went to California and did everything I've been dreaming of doing since I was little and small...together, and talked about it pretty much 24/7 until they got back. And, as I have never been to Disneyland, or any of those fun places in S. California, I wished I could have gone. But whatever, I don't really care.

B. Then pretty much all my friends went to the Sweethearts dance. And I'm pretty indifferent about this one. Not to say it was a bad thing for them, because I'm super happy for all of them, because I love them mucho, but I kind of wish I could have gone. But whatever, I'll have opportunities in...later years.

C. I tried my first attempt at D.E.N.N.I.S-ing. And it went horribly awry. (See the Once Upon A Dennis blog for details on what the heck a dennis is, anyways) I really want to blog about this experience, but as I posted in my Blogging Basketball/Volleyball Co-ed Part 9.5, I'm kind of paranoid about what would happen if the wrong people found this blog. A person you've D.E.N.N.I.S-ed would most definitely read your blog. Therefore, this has cause for concern. And if you are reading this right now, and you think you have been D.E.N.N.I.S-ed by me, then you are wrong. It is not you. I promise. .....

The Good:

A. I didn't really sit at home alone like a bum all month. While everyone and their dog was on tour, Matt, Kat, and I were proud members of the "make everyone jealous" group. We participated in eating sex burgers (except us 3 didn't, but everyone else did), sonic, Hercules, random mall parties, bath and body works (where we discovered the best ever smelling hand sanitizers) and seeing Tangled for the 4th time for me, 2nd for Kat, and 1st for Matt. And it was quite a bit of fun.

B. This is hardly applicable. But while everyone was at Sweethearts, I worked all day. And nothing really happened except I saw the hottest man I have ever seen in my life, and took a creepy picture of him. That's right, I know, I'm a creeper. But he looked exactly like Hercules. You would have taken a picture too, don't deny it.

C. I started tennis lessons, which are super expensive, but I'm glad to be back on my feet...literally. I played in a tournament, which I might blog about, and I haven't been doing so well but that's what I get for not playing for 5 months.

D. I fell in love...with Justin Bieber. I saw his movie, and I fell madly in love with him. And now everyone hates me for it, but it's okay, because love conquers all.

And last, but not least:

E. I tried my first attempt at D.E.N.N.I.S-ing someone. And it was so, SO FUNNY. Somehow, someway, I will find a way to blog about it.

But the best part? This February, I had (count it) ZERO problems with a lot of the things I had problems with last month. School (getting great grades!); Boys (Dennis doesn't count as a problem, Dennis counts as a sport.); Tennis (mm yeah I'm playing again :)) etc. etc. etc. And at the end of the month, (this is gonna sound dumb) I kind of came to peace with, well, everything. I just have a better outlook on life, I love everything, and I just kind of feel like nobody can bring me down! Ha!

Now for March. What will it entail? Here are a few predictions:

I will probably see Tangled again.
I will also probably see Justin Bieber again.
(Hopefully) I will get hired at Jamba Juice. Or Good Earth. Or 7 Peaks, as a supervisor. Or...CEO of Apple. I sent them an email...but they haven't replied yet. I wonder why.
I will play 2 tennis tournaments...which will be fun.
I will celebrate St. Patricks day. By considering wearing green, but then opting out.
I will probably ask to MORP.
But most of all, I will have so much fun, and live every day like it is a party.

I should also finish up my DENNIS. Right now, I'm on "S" and it's kind of tricky....

Peace!

2 comments:

Carrots said...

I feel rather honored. I was almost a whole paragraph of your "good"!!
~Kat

Kate said...

I'm gonna dennis your right in the mouth. Just kidding. But really. Not. Let's see Tangled.