Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Stuff I Do In Caw-ledge.

.

I feel like I talk about my homework enough that I might as well post some of it on my blog. Here are the Photoshop pictures I was talking about. Essentially, I was supposed to take a picture and add a word or quote that would be thought provoking and juxtaposing. It was actually extremely hard. If it wasn't for TIME.com and their Photojournalism projects, I would have died. Also, I had to write about a page of analyzing the rhetoric behind everything I did to the pictures. I'm not gonna post those, but suffice to say my teacher was amused that I ended one of my paragraphs with "Zing!"

Context: These are Gadaffi's kids. Wanna know how many spellings of Gadaffi there are?
Me too. 


This is like the 2011 version of the famous picture of the kissing couple in Times Square.
If the quote in the middle is too small to read, it's just Imagine.

Egypt...had a revolution. And Twitter was important.

That ship is the Costa Concordia. If you don't know what that is, have
you ever even picked up a newspaper? Just kidding. This was the picture where
I wrote "Zing!" into my paragraph.

I had a list of court cases I needed to memorize, and I had no idea what any of them did. This idea came to me...in the shower.


Edge of Glory: “My name is Gideon, v. Wainwright, and I’m hanging on the moment with you. I have the right to an attorney, and there’s nothing you states can do.”

One that got away: “In another life, you would be in jail, I would have a search warrant, exclusionary rule! In another life, I would know Mapp v. Ohio, so I don’t have to say you’re the one who got away, the one who got away.”

Where Them Girls At “So much racism in school, how can I get in? I tell my friend, I wanna get in! And then he says, I’m here with my friends. That got me thinkin, and that’s when I said “affirmative action, action, wooooo.”

Where Them Girls At “Apply to U of CA, I wanna get in. Rejection letter, supreme court, I win. Bakke v. UCA, your admissions is wrong! It got me thinkin, and that’s when I said “reverse discrimination, ation, wooooo.”

One less lonely girl: “There’s gonna be one less stupid child. Saw so much discrimination before we ruled you, Brown v. Board 2, now all I see is you. I’m comin for you, I’m comin for you. You need to desegregate these schools with “all deliberate speed” and when you do, in the world, there’s gonna be one less stupid child.”

Love the way you lie “Just gonna stand there and watch me burn? That’s alright, because it’s not a cruel and unusual punishment. Just gonna stand there and hear me cry? That’s alright, because Furman v. Georgia said the death penalty isn’t unconstitutional.”

Lighters: “This one’s for you and me, Plessy v. Ferguson, cuz blacks are right where they should be. Separate but equal, I open my eyes, and all I wanna see are separate railroad cars, separate railroad cars.”

Paradise: “When she was just a girl, she expected the world, but it flew away from her reach, so she ran away in her sleep and dreamed of Engel v. Vital, cuz she wanted prayers, prayers…in her school.”

Here comes the sun: “Here comes the newspaper, Near v. Minnesota. Here comes the newspaper, and I say, we are screwed. Prior restraint, the government can’t prevent a paper from being distributed.”

Only girl in the world: “Want you to make me feel like I have all the privacy in the world. Like I can have as many contraceptives as I want. Like I’m the only one who knows about Griswold v. Connecticut!”

Black and Yellow: “Yeah, uh huh, you know what it is, Roth v. US, Roth v. US, Roth v. US, yeah, uh huh, you know what it is, if you don’t you should by now, that sex and obscenity are not synonymous.”

Viva la Vida: “I hear Jerusalem bells are ringing, Roman calvary choirs are singing, be my mirror my soul as we declare acts of congress unconstitutional. For some reason I can’t explain, Marbury v. Madison is calling my name. Never an honest word, but that was what the Supreme Court ruled.”

Just a Dream: “I was thinking about Miranda, thinking about Arizona, thinkin about the court, what it gonna be, just specific guidelines for police interrogations!”

Never Say Never: “See in Miller v. California they created this thing, called the SLAPS test for obscenity. Only serious literary, artistic, political or scientific value, would be allowed for the public to see.”

Love you like a love song: “It’s been said and done, the separate but equal doctrine has been over run, we can thank Brown v Board of Education for that one, one step closer to ending racism.

Yes! These actually worked.

Learning things...it's actually pretty fun.

Peace!



No comments: