Monday, May 23, 2011

The D.E.N.N.I.S. System: Part 2. Once Upon an Insight.

Today I came home from school. As I have done 5 days a week for the past 9 months. And I thought to myself, I have nothing to do. So I decided to read my blog. And I happened upon a post I wrote about a so called DENNIS system. And I read it, and I'm not going to tell you the thoughts that went through my head at that moment. All except one. I thought,

"Hmmm, I've been living off this system for quite a while now [not that I have or am DENNIS-ing anyone, but have been on the watch for any chance somebody might be DENNIS-ing me.] and I think it would be a good idea to watch the show that it came off of. You know, to see if I'm actually correct in my interpretation from what my friend told me about it. I mean, the fact that I'm pulling this off of a TV show I've never even seen seems pretty dumb. Except it's foolproof. It's happened to me. Regardless, I'm going to watch this episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia to see if I'm actually correct, and if it will provide me any insight into this so called DENNIS system. After all, I've told plenty of friends about it. It would be good if I knew what I was talking about."

And folks, if I've ever explained to you the DENNIS system, I don't claim to be a master of it, it's just my personal, fancy way of saying "you just got played...sucka."

And so, today I watched that one episode. And there were things that I learned.

  1. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is a really funny show. Except, as I suspected, it swears a lot and is kind of dirty.
  2. I suppose my version of the system is pretty watered down. For example, in the show, engage physically is pretty much supposed to mean sex. And you know, mine...isn't.
  3. I didn't interpret it exactly how it is in the show, but I mostly based it off of my own personal experience/my own personal interpretations. And for the record, I still think mine is right.
  4. In case you are wondering, I've never DENNIS-ed anyone. Ever. And I have no immediate plans to. According to the show, the DENNIS system is only used to get some. And I don't roll that way. Yep.
In fact, the system in the shows goes something like this:

D- Show the person that you are important to them, and they are just as important to you. That's about as far as you need to go. Ask on date.
E- Get some.
N- Slash tires, so they'll need a ride home from you. Aka depend on you for...stuff.
N-I got this one pretty right. Don't return calls or texts...yeah.
I- Same with this one, come back one last time, telling them  you really care...
S- And I was spot on with this one. Except that isn't really hard to misinterpret. Separate entirely is pretty self explanitory. However, in the show, they explain that if you effectively DENNIS a person the first time, you can go back and DENNIS them again pretty much as many times as you want.

So....yeah. Kind of unlike but not too far off to mine. I feel like mine goes more in depth, but hey...whatever.

Honestly, I think that's really it. I don't really feel like this post had any point, other than I needed something to blog about. And for anyone, if you read my previous post about the DENNIS system and laughed at me because you've seen the show before and were like 'wow Kaela is so dumb and ignorant'....I don't blame you. Like I said, it was only my interpretation of what my friend told me forever ago.

Hmmm....that's really all I have to say. Everything else I add seems to make it worse that I'm blogging about the DENNIS system. Twice. But I say, why not? Some people blog about rainbows, sunsets, and vacations. I blog about my PE class, and the art and process of getting played. Not that vacations and rainbows and sunsets aren't fantastic things to blog about. I just...don't. Yep. So....don't judge....please.


Peace!

1 comment:

Steve L. said...

That's awesome that you know about the DENNIS system. Hahaha