Monday, May 16, 2011

Revelations.

This post is called revelations because Revelations is the last book in the bible and this is the end of my 30 day challenge. Yep, I'm actually finishing it out to the end, don't ask me why I'm doing it today because I still have to build an entire car for physics (but seriously, fear not. My car is the most original thing that has ever happened in Mac's class...maybe) and do the dishes and all that other fun stuff that is included with still being in high school and living in your parent's house which I guess most people do....in high school.

I've decided I get distracted...a lot.

So I'm going to finish this challenge because I have a lot of more important things to blog about. Ha. Okay, let us begin.

Day 25- What I would find in your bag

Oh world. Do you even want to look in my bag? My bag is literally a black hole. Do you understand how hard it is, every time I go up to the register, to dig around in my bag for ten minutes looking for my wallet, while constantly apologizing to the cashier, and the people behind me are like, what the heck? And my bag isn't even that big either. I don't know how I fit so much stuff in there, and it isn't even heavy, either. It's like Mary Poppins, or Hermione's excellent bag in the 7th book. Yeesh! Okay, well, I'm going to go grab my bag and see what I pull out.

  • Ha. First thing I pull out...my wallet. That's funny.
  • Letter from 7 Peaks asking me to work for them again, and a picture of my prom dress I used to price match. Aaand a smelly card thing from Bath and Body Works, the time I went there with Kate, Matt and Kirk and discovered velveteen tobacco. I should really clean out my purse. That was in December.
  • Ken, or Tom. My trusty GPS. This was from Prom...finding Ikea is kind of tricky...but actually kind of not.
  • I Love Boys hand sanitizer. Mmmm this stuff is really to die for.
  • Receipt from when I bought the boutonniere, pamphlet from some kiosk at the university mall, OH IT WAS FROM THAT DATE I WENT ON. ............
  • Subway application.
  • Little hand made booklet I made that I plan on using, and Dessert Delights mint chocolate chip gum
  • 3D glasses, mall scavenger hunt list from before mentioned date, another 7 Peaks letter, and a sonic receipt.
  • Receipt from Pretzel Maker, from the above mentioned date (can we just say this post is me blogging about that date? Because if I went into detail...oh world. Oh. World.) And a bag with coupons, most of which are probably expired.
  • Pencil, another sonic receipt, empty mascara bottle, slightly crushed Easter candy (that I got when I got my hair done for prom) and a mini video camera, which contains evidence that the previously mentioned date ever happened. Oh, and a bracelet that Yon Soo made me.
  • Plastic egg...that the chocolate came in.
  • More chocolate, chapstick, and a kazoo.
I will have you know that, though this was the perfect experience to clean out my purse, I shoved everything back in there. Except the chocolate.

Day 26- What you think about your friends

Whew. I could go on about this one. Yon Soo did something like this, inspired by Kate, inspired by Andrew.
And don't get me wrong. Those three people are more than inspiring. And I think I will write a post about how much I love my friends. Right now, however, is not the time for that. Suffice to say, this is my promise that I will do a post about that. Wow, I have a lot of things to write about. Anyways, I promise. Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a needle in my eye. Except not really because that would hurt.
For now, I'll just leave it at I really do love all my friends. Even those people I don't know very well. I wish we were better friends, aaaaaand....I think you are all really cool. Seriously, if you are reading this right now, whoever you are, I think you are fantastic. Yes, you.

Day 27- Why are you doing this 30 day challenge.

Because I love to blog, and I was bored.


Day 28- A picture of you last year and now, how have you changed since then?

Holy crap! Another thing I could go on and on about. Well I'm using a picture I've already used in this challenge.


This is a picture of me from exactly one year ago. This was right before Youth Conference. And believe it or not, this was the day that would decide how my entire year, from June 2010 to June 2011 would go. Literally one decision I made that day decided how my entire year went.

And honestly, I have changed a lot. Except not really. I feel like I'm the same person, mostly because I feel like that day was only yesterday. This year literally flew by. Except that is such a weird expression. Not everything flies fast. Like...I'm pretty sure that chickens can fly, and they don't fly fast. Or for very long. Whatever. Suffice to say, this year flew by faster than a jet airplane, or perhaps an adrenaline filled, caffeine hyped humming bird.

But I have changed. I feel like I've been tested a lot this year. Literally and less literally. Like, trials, and then 2 too many AP tests (and yeah, I know some of you took like, 6. Remember, I am but a humble white girl. If that has anything to do with it.)

I can't exactly say how specifically I've changed. I think I've become stronger. I don't feel like I've changed very much, but I know I have. Obviously, because change is good. And if I haven't changed since then then wow. Yikes. Or what if I've changed for the worse? I think I have. I was really chill back then, and now I'm kind of spastic, except still pretty chill. I don't know. I'll work on being chill, er, more chill. First step, watch Iron Man.

Sorry this wasn't very deep. But really....I have no idea how to answer that question. The only way would be to go back and read my journal from then until now, which would actually take a long time and I don't think I'm emotionally prepared to do that just yet. What if I am? Nope, I'm not. Moving on.


Day 29- In this past month, what have you learned.

What?! Another thing about how I've changed and learned and grown?! Oh gosh, I'm pretty sure I'm all out of deep and serious juices. Or now I'm in such a serious mood that this post will be all serious and stuff. And then everybody will be like "oh great. Kaela is so not funny." and maybe they already say that so....I suppose there is no harm in taking a risk.

Quick question though. You ever think much about manatees? No? Okay well I do. And a manatee is called a 'sea cow'. So how come a cow isn't called a 'land manatee'? Hmm? Just a thought.

What have I learned this month? That a cow is not ever called a land manatee. Okay not really.

I can actually pin point something I learned this month. And not something dumb that I learned from this 30 day challenge because I didn't learn anything. At least I don't think I did. But I'm thinking between April 16 and May 16, what did I learn?

Okay people. I definitely had an experience with learning the value of friendship. This month has tested my friendships with people more than....well, ever. And things didn't turn out perfectly, but do they ever?

I learned that going just 3 days without my best friend talking to me was literally one of the hardest things I've ever had to go through. And knowingly putting her through pain only made it worse. I'm pretty sure everything is all good with that situation though, but suffice to say that was certainly an eye opening trial.

I realized how much I've taken my friends for granted. This has been the month that I've thought most about my friends probably my entire high school experience. And most of that thinking has been pretty negative. Sometimes I feel like my friends don't care about me, or I'm not as cool or as talented as them, that they treat other people better than me, or all this dumb negative stuff. And I came to realize, why the heck would I blame any of that on them? The fact is,I need to be a better friend to them. I just need to be a better person in general.
And lastly, I learned a very important lesson about jealousy. Envy is one of the worst things on the planet, and I've learned that it will tear up even the strongest friendship. Sorry I couldn't think of a better analogy, my imagination is kind of shot. Seriously, I feel really REALLY light headed right now (long story, I hit my head yesterday) Wow that has nothing to do with it. Okay, have you ever read A Separate Peace? Anyone in Drummond's class did, and from what I understand most people hated it. But I actually really liked it! It's probably my favorite book I've ever been forced to read, with To Kill a Mockingbird coming in a close second. I love it because it totally relates to my life and I've learned such an important lesson from it, especially when I finished reading it yesterday. And it basically boils down to this:

One friend was jealous of the other, so he pushed him out of a tree, which ruined his life. Eventually that friend ended up dying from the injury. But he forgave his friend for pushing him out of the tree. Which is also a good lesson to be learned. But because the kid got jealous, he lost the best friend he had ever had.

That's the main lesson I'm getting at. I'll admit sometimes I struggle with jealousy, but I'm trying so hard to get over that. Because it's seriously like, the worst thing to get upset about.

So, moral of the story is, this month I've learned a lot about friendship. Among other things. Whew. And, if you are a human being who has struggled with jealousy in a friendship, then go read A Separate Peace. Do it. And disclaimer, it's kind of weird, because it's about an all boys school, but no they are not gay. Haha. Okay, I think that's it. And if you are still reading this, kudos, come find me and I'll give you candy tomorrow. Seriously.

Day 30- Who are you?

That is a very good question....

The end.

Just kidding.

I am Kaela.

Do I know exactly who I am? Um, no. Not a chance. Do we ever really learn that in this life? Okay, maybe we do. But I'm still workin on that :) for now, I may not know exactly who I am, but I do like who I am. Yeah, I've got stuff I need to work on, but don't we all? But like I said, I am Kaela. And I definitely don't stand out in a crowd (if anything, I'm the gap in the crowd...haha...short joke...) but...I really can't think of any way to say this that still matches the deep, sincere, serious tone that I've been using. So I'll end with a joke.

You and Souja Boy are sitting on a bench. Soulja Boy gets up and leaves. Who is left?

YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

ha. ha.

heh.

Peace!

No comments: