Saturday, December 24, 2011

Justin Bieber's Drummer Boy: The Truth Finally Revealed

This post is going to take me a while to write, because I really want to take time and thought into this.

I need to express why Drummer Boy is such a great song.

Now that it's Christmas Eve, and I've been working on this post for a couple weeks, I hope that everything I say here can somehow sum up why I love this song so much.

To start, Dan Bergstein partially agrees with me, but when I read what he said, I made what we'll call a gleeful noise, because it's pretty much exactly what I've been thinking, and the fact that Dan said it makes me happy, even though my respect for him has dropped quite a bit since his Harry Potter blogs suck. But I actually got this quote from a Harry Potter blog.

"Justin Bieber's "Drummer Boy" (feat. Busta Rhymes) is the best/worst Christmas song this year, and I laugh when he sings, "I'm a poor boy too." And Busta's rapping ramblings are the very reason God gave us ears. It's like a train wreck for your listening holes."

Aubrey Glazier inspired me to go listen to some 80's rap Christmas songs. When Ghetto Santa by Spyder D wasn't enough, I started clicking on the related videos. Ludacris's "Ludachristmas" was definitely something, Snoop Dogg's "A Pimp's Christmas Song" seemed promising, and then I even listened to a Busta Rhymes feat. Jim Carrey Grinch song. But none of those even came close to making the same impression on me that Drummer Boy did.

Drummer Boy is currently my ringtone, making it one of my favorite songs. I explained why in my Psychology homework:
"Okay. Um….all I can say about that song is that it’s like a wonderful train wreck for your ears. (Dan quote) I’m a Bieber fan (don’t hate) and to hear his attempts at rapping are amazing. Also, Busta Rhymes rapping about egg nog and chinchillas has never happened before on a Christmas song, ever. I actually really don’t like the original version of Drummer Boy. I think it’s creepy. But Justin Bieber combined with Busta Rhymes, rapping about Christmas, and charity, makes this song strangely one of the most delightful things I've ever heard. I could never be angry while listening to this song, no matter how hard I tried. It’s like trying to be mad while cuddling with a cute, tiny little puppy."

I know that every single person reading this post probably strongly disagrees with me. I've heard many people express that they would rather get eaten by a bear with acid teeth than listen to this song. So, haters, this is all I have to say: I'm not going to tell you to love the Biebs, or listen to his music, or cry into a pillow with his face on it every night because you know he will never even know your name (I don't do that...). I love this song because I have never heard anything like it, ever. And I'm a fan of unique things. The fact that it's Justin Bieber  just makes it ten times better (in my opinion).

So this Christmas season, take a moment to think "you know, maybe this song isn't so bad. Maybe it's so bad, it's good." Just take a moment to think...differently. To try to appreciate the weird things in life.

In the words of Justin Bieber, "I'm a drummer boy, so do."

Merry Christmas!
Love,
Kaela

1 comment:

Briana Lindsay said...

I had to love his version of the song! Go JBiebs! :)