Thursday, December 8, 2011

Santa Clause, Skateboards, December 3rd, Hamlet, Hot Chocolate, Tour Angst and Maj Struggs.

.



I think I've hit that point where I'm officially addicted to blogging. Everytime I'm bored, I come here...just because. Then I think "Why are there no new posts?! HUH?! WHAT GIVES PEOPLE?! How dare you have lives!!" And then I'm all "new post!" So I start writing.

I haven't written anything in 3 days, and I felt like it had been eternity. But you know what, I'd rather be addicted to this than Facebook. But once I get my laptop...you can just expect a lot more dumb posts on here.

So this is just another jolly old update on life.

In English...where to begin? Jim is so great. And I'm really sad that he shaved his beard, because I was hoping he would dress up as Santa the day before Christmas break or something. I finally learned to appreciate Hamlet, and Tuesday night I spent a sizeable chunk of time fantasizing/analyzing what it would be like if Hamlet was my boyfriend. Um...I don't want you to read too much into that. And I feel like I say that to people a lot. But really, I was just like, "If Hamlet was my boyfriend, I would feel sorry for him because his dad died. I guess I would want to be there for him. But he is a total sexist, and he hates all women and cracks dirty jokes. So I would have dumped him ages before he killed my dad. And if he did kill my dad, I would get my revenge on him! Not go jumping in a river!" and then...yeah. Just...yeah. Suffice to say that Hamlet can be useful in some situations.
Jim is also having us answer letters to Santa. Here is the letter I got.
"Dear Santa. This year I have been really good at school. I will try hard to learn. I would like a skateboard please. From, Wyatt. P.S. How does a skateboard work?" (Times that by infinite amounts of cute, cuz the handwriting is all....little kid like....I told Tosha that I wanted a farm of little kids to write me Santa letters, suffice to say...yeah.) My reply was not as creative as I would have liked, because I had to keep in mind that I was writing to 6 year olds who don't know what the word "pulchritudinous" means.

Next, Journalism. I had to go around and get a bunch of free samples of hot chocolate so I could write my article. It really sucked. But, I discovered that The Cocoa Bean has the world's best hot chocolate and I wanted to cry when I tasted it because it was so good. And if anyone ever wants to go get hot chocolate with me, ever...I love getting hot chocolate. So hit me up. Unrelated, but I was sitting in seminary today when I realized that there isn't bacon in heaven. I almost started crying there too. Anyways, hot chocolate is good and it's what makes winter almost worth it. I just wish it would snow!

Tour Angst. So I'm going on tour, and I'm just really stressed. Just kidding. Actually, the truth is, Coldplay came out with a new album in October, called Mylo Xyloto. And I bought it and I love it. But I was SO excited for their new album because that meant a new tour! And I foolishly didn't go to their Viva la Vida show when they came to Utah so pretty much....this is it. And I've seriously been checking their website every day to see if they've posted their North American tour dates. And when I saw their tweet today to check out the North American tour dates, I pretty much freaked out and went to their website...and guess which state is not listed on the North American tour........................................................................

sigh. That sound you just heard was the crushed hopes of a poor girl who has been dreaming of going to a Coldplay concert for the past 3 years. :(

Anyways, on to maj struggs. So, I bought my first textbook a few days ago. And I was soooooo excited. And then they sent me the instructor's copy and I was like....um....thanks? So I sent it back, and the people were really, really rude to me, and I was like, thank you so much for making me feel wonderful about college. So then I ended up finding a cheaper copy, and it got shipped to me in a DAY because the person I bought it from lives in Provo! Of all the students selling their books on Amazon, the cheapest one just happened to live right by me. So, that made me feel better about college. But then I bought my second textbook today and I was just like, yep, textbooks are really expensive, which totally stinks.

Last thing: I'm sure you all are wondering about December 3rd. Actually, I'm sure none of you have any idea what I'm talking about. So I'll make this short. I got to hang out with Dani, which was awesome. We put together 3 plates of cookies, delivered 2 of them, and ate the other one. On the first delivery, it was a doorbell ditch, and I pulled some muscle in my leg which brought back all the knee pains I had last year, times ten...so that stunk. The second delivery was...very December 3rd-y.

Anyways, that's my life.

I hope you all are doing great!

Love, Kaela

No comments: