Blog Archive

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

My 100th Post!!!

.

Confession: I've been anticipating this 100th post for weeks. It's kind of a big deal. But I really haven't had any idea of what to write. Should it be meaningful? Funny? No different than the others so people don't think I'm weird about caring about this stuff?

I've decided to write about how this is my 100th post. The unoriginal title of the blog should have been self explanitory enough.

To begin, I know how this goes. People read a blog, watch a certain youtuber's videos, or follow someone on Twitter because they like what they have to say/sing/do/whatever. And I've always found the "oh I've reached my 1 millionth subscriber omgg thanks so much love my fans!!" really annoying, because I don't follow people to listen to them tell me how many subscribers they have, I follow them because I want them to provide entertainment or comic relief to my life.

So please, please bear with me here. I know I'm a filthy hypocrite...but really. Let's just all be friends and appreciate that I'm feeling rather pleased that I've written 100 blogs.

First, I want to celebrate the life of this blog. It is just over 1 year old, which means I averaged 1 blog every 3.6 days. Except that is not even true. I wrote a few blogs a month until I wrote about 50 between October and December, where my blogs also changed too. I honestly don't know how, or why. I think I started proof reading whatever I started writing, because I went back and read through my blog and I noticed a ton of typos in my first few months of posting. That's just embarrassing, because Kaela doesn't make typos. Ever.

Anyways, I can't remember why I started this blog, other than I needed a healthy way to express myself rather than becoming a Facebook status posting maniac (I think we've all been through that stage. No? Just me? Yikes. Well...I've repented). Also, I love to write. Obviously, because I'm a communications major. Pause. I started writing more blogs around the same time I decided on that major. Correlation is not causation, but it's the best excuse I've got.

Anyways, I tried to have a set theme for what I would blog about. Dates, monthly reviews, Basketball/Volleyball Co-ed. And all of that was going pretty well until I just got really lazy. Or I just realized that writing about those things consistently was hard and wasn't really producing quality posts. Either way, I at least have noticed the quality of my writing improve ever since I became addicted to blogging. So I guess that is the one good thing about this.

Why do I love blogging? Because I'm still living under this impression that nobody reads my blog, so technically I can write about whatever I want and NOBODY will know. But its not like a journal, because I still have to accept the fact that this is the internet and some random people may read my blog and possibly get offended if I talk about them. So I usually don't talk about people. But I love to express myself and talk about things I've learned or try new styles of writing and all that good stuff. Is blogging probably going to die out and be remembered as just some fad? I hope not. Cuz...then I won't know what to do with myself...

Anyways, I'm gonna make this quick, cuz I'm going to watch The Bachelor (which I've gotta do at least once in my life, so don't judge.)

Basically, for the people who have read my blog...I don't know who all of you are, but thanks for being interested in what I have to say! And for the people who I don't know who read my blog, don't tell me who you are. I want to be able to continue to blog without being afraid of what people might think about me.

It's been so fun! And I'm not stopping anytime soon...which hopefully isn't a bad thing.

Much love!
Kaela

No comments: