Blog Archive

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sunday Post #2

.
I almost skimped out this week on the Sunday post. Not because I didn't have anything to say...I actually thought about this a few times throughout the week...but because I'm making some delicious Chewy Lemon Cookies before the Seminary Broadcast tonight. I've also devoted my Sundays to trying all the new recipes I find on Pintrest. DEFINITELY not because I like cooking, because PFFT that's just ridiculous.

Anyways, I'll keep this short and sweet.

First of all, last week I mentioned a verse about how great Moroni is. And then I found it this week in my personal reading. Alma...(that heart stopping moment when you can't find your scriptures and you think you left them at church and then find them in your bed, right next to you, which is where I end up finding most of my stuff) 48:17 -

"Yea, verily, verily I say unto you, if all men had been, and were, and ever would be, like unto Moroni, behold, the very powers of hell would have been shaken forever; yea, the devil would never have power over the hearts of the children of men."

So true. What a great guy. I'm pretty sure we need more like him in this...universe. World. Place.

So, something I've been thinking about this week. I know I've been guilty of this too, but I think a lot of times we take prayer for granted. Same with the trials we all go through. Lately, I've come to realize just how much of a blessing it is. It is such a blessing having a testimony that my Heavenly Father loves me and wants the best for me. And to get down on my knees at the end of the day and know that He will listen to everything I have to say, and that He knows what is best for me, and that I can trust Him 100 percent is really great. Having a testimony of all of that has really strengthened my relationship with Him.

Seriously, knowing that the God of the universe has my back...is a really good feeling.

So maybe next time you go to say your prayers, just remember how much of a blessing it really is that we all have the ability to communicate with our Heavenly Father, in any situation, no matter what. And even if it feels like your prayers are just bouncing right back off the ceiling (trust me, that happens to me all the time :P) just keep the faith because seriously, prayer is totally not something to be taken for granted.

Have a great day!

Love,
Kaela

No comments: