Blog Archive

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sunday Post #3: Title of Liberty (like a boss), and that lil thing called "Spirit of Contention"

.

This is getting pretty fun. There's so much I want to say on these, but I try to keep it short. If you want to read a novel about the better things in life, then I would suggest just reading the Book of Mormon, straight up. It's full of the better things in life. Really.

So I started going to a new seminary class, like I mentioned before. It is definitely worth driving all the way up to school for in the middle of the day. The last time I went I felt the spirit so strongly, but it was way different than I usually feel it. Life is great.

Now...I kind of struggled over whether I should mention a certain incident that happened on Friday. Here is all I am going to say about it:

3rd Nephi 11:29: "For verily, verily I say unto you, he that hath the spirit of contention is not of me, but is of the devil, who is the father of contention, and he stirreth up the hearts of men to contend with anger, one with another."

Yeah.

So to what I read this week. I actually read this last week, but it's just too good to not talk about. Title of Liberty. Like a boss.

It's scenes like this that make me wish somebody would make a movie of the Book of Mormon. A good one, because they have made one before and...yeah. I'm talking about something Peter Jackson would direct. And I don't know who would play who, but Samuel L Jackson would have to be in it. Maybe someday I'll make up a cast list...but I'm trying to stray away from that path of accidentally saying sacrilegious/racist/offensive things. If you want to know how I'm doing so far, just ask my English class.

Anyways, Moroni rips up his coat and writes up a Title of Liberty: "In memory of our God, our religion, and freedom, and our peace, our wives, and our children." First of all, I think that is a title we should all try to keep. Those are all great things to defend and fight for, and I love how much they are stressed throughout the chapter, and even every time they fight, they stress how they are defending their families and their liberty, and how because of that they have God on their side.

The Title of Liberty is something I kind of want to hang up in my house. Just seeing that is a great reminder of what I always want to stand for.

Anyways, I can't stress this enough. Read the Book of Mormon. It teaches great lessons, and I'm always happier when I read it. Also, I've reached a point where it's pretty fun to read, because it's pretty dang epic. I use that word to describe it too much. But you get the idea. Really, really good stuff.

Have a great day!

Love,
Kaela

No comments: